By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
For questions about this site, please contact Marcelo Canina at me at marcanuy.com. All content provided is for informational purposes only. The articles and posts on this website are my own and don’t necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of my employer or its subsidiaries. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information found here or by following any links. I will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. I will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Simpleitrocks’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Simpleitrocks’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Simpleitrocks at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Simpleitrocks’s web site are provided “as is”. Simpleitrocks makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Simpleitrocks does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Simpleitrocks or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Simpleitrocks’s Internet site, even if Simpleitrocks or a Simpleitrocks authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Simpleitrocks’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Simpleitrocks does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Simpleitrocks may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Simpleitrocks does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Simpleitrocks has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Simpleitrocks of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
Any claim relating to Simpleitrocks’s web site shall be governed by the laws of Montevideo without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
The information provided here is for educational and research purposes only and is not a substitute for advice from a physician or hospital care. We strongly encourage any reader to consult a physician before making use of any of the innovations described on the Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Cookies and Web Beacons
When you visit simpleit.rocks “convenience” cookies are stored on your computer when you submit a comment to help you log in faster to Disqus (disqus.com) the next time you leave a comment.
Third-party advertisers may also place and read cookies on your browser and/or use web beacons to collect information. Simpleit.rocks has no access or control over these cookies. You should review the respective privacy policies on any and all third-party ad servers for more information regarding their practices and how to opt-out.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your web browser options. Instructions for doing so can be found on the specific web browsers’ websites.
- Make Git Ignore Temporary Files Produced By Emacs And Vim In All Directories Globally
- How to Contribute To A Github Repository in 6 Steps
- Creating a git server from a git repo
- Showing Untracked Files In Status After Creating New Directories In Git
- Have Different Portions Of Code For Production And Development
- Deploying a Hugo website to AWS in 6 steps (CDN+HTTPS)
- Customizing Bootstrap 4 with Hugo pipes
- A first approach to Hugo for Jekyll developers
- How I migrated this website articles from Jekyll to Hugo
- Hugo overview and basic concepts
- Detect and mount USB devices in Linux from console
- How to make screencasts in Ubuntu Linux
- Using i3 window manager in Linux
- Setting Up A Fresh Linux Server
- How To Download A Website With Wget The Right Way
- Replicate Installed Package Selections From One Ubuntu System To Another
- Using Clamav Antivirus In Ubuntu
- How to Type Spanish Characters, Accents and Symbols in Linux
- Solving Google Chrome's gpu-process error message in Ubuntu Linux
- Solving Google Chrome's secret service operation error message in Ubuntu Linux
- Start Emacs In Ubuntu The Right Way
- Add Infolinks Script To An Existing Website From Console With Sed Command
- How to change all files permissions to 644 and directories to 755
- Shell Redirect Output And Errors To The Null Device In Bash
- Prevent Running Of Duplicate Cron Jobs
- Delete All Backup Files Recursively In Bash
- Bash Script to Find Out If MySQL Is Running Or Not
- Using Emacs As A Python Ide
- Jump To Function Definitions In Emacs
- Writing Alternating Between English And Spanish In Emacs
- Writing In Emacs Checking Spelling Style And Grammar
- Adding Custom Snippets To Yasnippet
- Ruby on rails tutorial
- Learn Common Lisp with practical examples book
- Writing GNU Emacs extensions book
- Common lisp a gente introduction to symbolic computation book
- Two scoops of django book
- Find Out If Your Joomla Site Has Been Hacked
- Securing The Images Folder In Joomla
- Joomla Security Tips Checklist
- Pip upgrade all packages at once with a one-liner command
- Test Files Creating a Temporal Directory in Python Unittests
- How to Translate a Python Project With Gettext the Easy Way
- Django Overview
- Django Configuration and environment isolation
- Disable new users singup when using Django's allauth package
- How to add ads.txt to Django as requested by Google Adsense
- Have multiple submit buttons for the same Django form
- Better Testing with Page Object Design in Django
- Generating slugs automatically in Django without packages - Two easy and solid approaches
- How to set up Django tests to use a free PostgreSQL database in Heroku
- Dynamically adding forms to a Django FormSet with an add button using jQuery
- Use of Django's static templatetag in css file to set a background image
- Activate Django's manage.py commands completion in Bash in 2 steps
- Sending Emails with Django using SendGrid in 3 easy steps
- Adding Users to Your Django Project With A Custom User Model
- Setting Up A Factory For One To Many Relationships In Factoryboy
- Generate UML class diagrams from django models
- Set Up Ubuntu To Serve A Django Website Step By Step
- Django Project Directory Structure
- Adding a Cancel button in Django class-based views, editing views and forms
- Using Django Model Primary Key in Custom Forms THE RIGHT WAY
- Django formset handling with class based views, custom errors and validation
- How To Use Bootstrap 4 In Django Forms
- Understanding Django Forms
- How To Create A Form In Django
- Understanding Flask's context concept
- Avoid Using Flask Instance Folder When Deploying To Heroku
- Managing Environment Configuration Variables In Flask With Dotenv
- Organize A Flask Project To Handle Production And Development Environments Effectively
- An Overview Of Flask Main Concepts And How It Works
- Install Jekyll CMS on Ubuntu 18.10 in 3 steps THE RIGHT WAY
- What Are The Supported Language Highlighters In Jekyll
- Accessing Specific Items From Data Files In Jekyll
- Jekyll Configuration File Options
- Understanding Jekyll Posts
- Jekyll basic concepts
- Multilingual Jekyll Without Plugins
- Host a Jekyll Website With Pretty Urls In Amazon S3 and Cloudfront
- Get A List Of Categories Based In Subfolders In Jekyll
- 5 Steps To Add Bootstrap 4 To Jekyll The Right Way
- Automated Deployment Of Jekyll Websites To Github Pages With A Git Push To Github
- How To Use Bower Scss With Jekyll
- How to implement breadcrumbs on a Jekyll site with nested categories
- How To Handle Adsense In A Jekyll Development Environment
- How To Prevent Content Displaying In A Jekyll Development Environment
- Double Versus Single Quotes In Ruby
- Ruby Language Overview
- What Is The Difference Between Modules And Classes In Ruby
- Managing Ruby Gems Version For Each Project
- The Idiomatically Correct Way To Make An Instance Of A Many To One Relationship Model
- Simple Debugging In Rails
- Common Steps To Start A Rails Project
- Building A Hello World App In Ruby On Rails App
- Ruby On Rails Overview
- Handling Mysql Credentials From Linux Command Line The Right Way
- How To Dump And Import Utf 8 Mysql Databases In A Safe Way
- How to Tell if a Webpage Can Also Be Delivered Gzipped - Command Line With Curl
- Colors Palettes For Web Design
- Script to automatically tweet new blog posts based in a website RSS feed
- Minify Html in your static website (Hugo or Jekyll)
- Checklist for website developers about performance, SEO and general webmaster's considerations
- How To Check Local Websites For Broken Links
- Appropriate HTML5 tags to show source code, commands and software related tasks on blogs