A list of common tasks to do after publishing a Website.
This is a check list of common resources I find useful to check to see if they fit my website needs, like setting up a CDN, cache, several optimizations, analytics, etc.
- Set up Google Analytics http://www.google.com/analytics/
- Set up Google Search Console (former Webmaster Tools)
- Add HTTPS, WWW and non-WWW versions and select the preferred one
- Submit Sitemap.xml to Search Console
- Monitor website’s uptime
- It can be set up with a custom monitoring tool like a free https://github.com/phpservermon/phpservermon
- or using some tools provided by services like Cloudflare
Google’s PageSpeed Insights https://developers.google.com/speed/docs/insights/
Page Speed Insights measures the performance of a page for mobile devices and desktop devices. It fetches the url twice, once with a mobile user-agent, and once with a desktop-user agent.
- Set up Cloudflare https://www.cloudflare.com
- Enable HTTPS Page Rules
- Static files compression and minification (especially CSS and JS)
- Add your site’s name, logo, and social links
- Enable breadcrumbs https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/breadcrumbs
- Add a sitelinks searchbox https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/sitelinks-searchbox
- Check for missing
descriptionmeta tag in HTML
- Validate HTML: https://validator.w3.org/
- Add OpenGraph and Twitter cards
- Generate an AMP version of the website
- Google: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url
- Bing: https://www.bing.com/toolbox/submit-site-url
- Yandex: https://webmaster.yandex.com/site/indexing/reindex/
- Include sitemaps in robots.txt file using a
Supported by Google, Ask, Bing, Yahoo; defined on http://sitemaps.org.
- Submit a sitemap to
- Google Search Console https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/sitemap-list
- Bing (and Yahoo!) <>
- Yandex https://webmaster.yandex.com/site/*/indexing/sitemap/
- Add Favicons for different platforms.